Files are in Adobe Acrobat 3.0 or PowerPoint (.ppt) format
National Small Business Conference
"Meeting DoD/DHS Mission Needs in the 21st Century"
8 - 10 May 2006
- Mr. Blaise Durante, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Acquisition Integration, United States Department of the Air Force
"NAVSEA PEO Submarines - Technology Insertion"
- Mr. Richard McNamara, Executive Director, PEO Submarines
Women in Defense (WID) Breakfast, Sponsored by SAIC
Raytheon Executive Address:
- Mr. Daniel Smith, Vice President, Raytheon Company; President, Integrated Defense Systems
Panel: Program Manager's Perspective on Small Business Contributions to Major Programs
- Mr. Michael Hoeffler, Vice President, Future Naval Capability, Raytheon Company
Small Business Success Story Panel
- Mr. Jay Boyce, Foster-Miller, Inc.
- Mr. Knob Moses, Vice President, Operations, Government & Industrial Robotics, iRobot
New England Military Installation Panel: "2006 & Beyond - Base Vision and Acquisition Outlook"
- Maj Gen Arthur Rooney, USAF, Vice Commander, Electronic Systems Center, Hanscom AFB
- Mr. Alan Macdonald, Executive Director, Massachusetts Defense Technology Initiative (BRAC Team)
- MG Roger Nadeau, USA, REDCOM
Concurrent Breakout Sessions
Breakout Session A: Small Business Innovation Research
- Mr. Tim Sharp, Small Business Innovation Research Program Manager, Director, Advanced Technology Office
- Mr. Michael Caccuitto, III, DoD, SBIR/STTR Program Administrator
- Mr. Richard McNamara, Executive Director, PEO
Breakout Session B: Special Topics
Moderator: Mr. Ron Perlman, Buchanan Ingersoll, PC
- Mr. Charlie Summers, Jr., Regional Administrator, US Small Business Association
- Mr. Ralph Thomas, III, Former Asst. Administrator, NASA Small & Disadvantaged Business Utilization; Special Counsel to the Government Contracts Section of Buchanan Ingersoll
- Mr. Rich Ramirez, Senior Business Advisor, Center for Veterans Enterprise (COVE), US Department of Veterans Affairs
- "What Strategic and Financial Buyers Seek When Acquiring Small Businesses": Mr. Nick Howland, Associate, DFI International
Breakout Session C: Adding Value
- Adding Value 1: Protecting IP Assets When Contracting with the Federal Government
- Mr. Jacob (Jesse) Erlich, Patent Attorney/Partner, Burns & Levinson, LLP
- Mr. Walter Kneissler, Esq., Corp. Counsel, Foster-Miller, Inc.
- Adding Value 2: Managing Up: Maximizing the Prime-Subcontractor Relationship
- Mr. Michael Sweat, President, Odyssey Systems Consulting Group
- Mr. John Marshall, President, Datacon, Inc.
- Adding Value 3: Building Shareholder Value for Successful Exit
- Mr. Paul Serotkin, President, Minutemen Ventures
- Mr. Darrell Smith, Former President, Milestone Group
- Adding Value 4: Embracing Business Development: Marketing Your Company in the Federal Marketplace
Breakout Session D: Business Opportunity Networking