Files are in Adobe Acrobat 3.0 or PowerPoint (.ppt) format
18th Annual NDIA SO/LIC Symposium & Exhibition
"Warfare in the Seams: Defense and Industry Partnering to Win the Long War"
26 - 28 February 2007
Monday, February 26, 2007
Military Services' Chief Scientists and Technologists Panel Presentations: "Transforming General Purposes Forces for Warfare in the Seams"
- Mr. George W. Solhan, Director, Expeditionary Warfare Operations, Office of Naval Research, "Warfare in the Seams: Defense and Industry Partnering in the Long War"
- Mr. Jack McCready, US Coast Guard Research and Development Center, "USCG - Deployable Operations"
National Laboratories Panel Presentations: "Technologies from the National Labs to Wage the Long War"
- Dr. Mark A. Buckner, Cognitive Radio Program Director RF and Microwave Systems, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, "Technologies to Help Wage the Long War"
- Dr. Michael V. Fazio, Deputy Program Director for Defense and Homeland Security, Los Alamos National Laboratory, "Los Alamos National Laboratory Overview"
- Dr. John Garnier, Armor Program Lead/Idaho Survivability Program, Idaho National Laboratory, "National and Homeland Security at INL"
- Dr. Russell D. Skocypec, Deputy Director Human Systems and Simulation Technologies, Sandia National Laboratory, "Technologies from the National Labs to Wage the Long War"
- Dr. Peter Vanier, Physicist, Detector Development Division, Nonproliferation and National Security Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, "Stand-Off Nuclear Radiation Detection"
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
USSOCOM Service Component Panel: "Capabilities, Challenges, and Technology Needs for Special Operations in the Long War"
- Brigadier General Steven J. Hashem, USA Reserve President, Joint Special Operations University and Center Director, Special Operations Knowledge and Futures, "Center for Knowledge and Futures (SOKF) Overview Brief"
- Brigadier General Steven J. Hashem, USA Reserve President, Joint Special Operations University and Center Director, Special Operations Knowledge and Futures, "Joint Special Operations University"
Reports from the Field Panel: "Defense and Industry Vignettes in Waging Warfare in the Seams"
Moderator and Panelist: Colonel Lee An Van Arsdale, USA (Ret), Chief Executive Officer, Triple Canopy, Inc. "Warfare in the Seams Industry Vignettes"
- Major General Benoit Puga, Commander, French Special Operations Command, "Waging the Long War on Terrorism"
- Major General Edward Gruszka, Commander, Polish Special Operations Command, "Polish SOF (Report From the Field"
- Brigadier General Remo Butler, USA (Ret), Vice President: Operations; Operations, Maintenance, and Logistics; Kellogg Brown & Root, "Contractors on the Battlefield"
- Colonel Kenneth Tovo, USA, Commander, 10th Special Forces Group, "Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force - Arabian Peninsula (CJSOTF-AP)"
- Sadr City Operations July 2006 .wmv (Video)
- Sadr City Operations August 2006.wmv (Video)
- EW Success in Sadr City .wmv (Video)
- Air Craft Personnel .wmv (Video)
- AC 130 H .wmv (Video)
- Battlefield Airmen .wmv (Video)
- MC 130 H .wmv (Video)
- MC 130 P .wmv (Video)
- Medics .wmv (Video)
- MH 53 .wmv (Video)
- Music .wmv (Video)
- 6th SOS .wmv (Video)
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
- "Perspectives on Special Operations and Warfare in the Seams", Honorable Thomas W. O'Connell, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Special Operations and Low-Intensity Conflict
- "Counter-Network Operations", Lieutenant General William G. "Jerry" Boykin, USA, Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence and Warfighting Support "The Global War on Terrorism or A Global Insurgency"
Major General Donald Wurster, Vice Commander, Air Force Special Operations Command, "Challenges for the Long War"
- Bad Day .mpg (Movie)
- CV-22 .mpg (Movie)
- Die Tired .mpg (Movie)
- Gunship Fire .mpg (Movie)
- Predator Hellfire .wmv (Video)
- Talon .wmv (Video)