Files are in Adobe Acrobat 3.0 format
62nd Annual Fuze Conference
"Fuzing Innovations for Tomorrow’s Weapons"
13 - 15 May 2019
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Session 2 - U.S. Government Science, Technology & Acquisition:
Chair: Thomas Harward, Raytheon
Session Assistant: Bob Metz, PCB Piezotronics, Inc.
- Army S&T Strategy - Charles Robinson, U.S. Army CCDC Armaments Center
- Navy S&T Strategy - Jason Koonts, NSWC Dahlgren
Session 3A - Open Sessions:
Chair: Bob Metz, PCB Piezotronics, Inc.
Session Assistant: Mark Etheridge, U.S. Army AMRDEC
- 21801 - Guidelines for Implementing a Low Voltage Command Arm Distributed Fuzing System, Mark Etheridge, Electrical Engineer, U.S. Army CCDC Aviation & Missile Center
- 21776 - New Generation Naval Fuze FREMEN - Efficiency Against New Threats, Lauren Schumacher, Self-Graduate Fellow, The University of Kansas
- 21767 - Lithium Battery Innovations for Projectile Munitions, Paul Schisselbauer, Director of Engineering, EnerSys Advanced Systems
- 21781 - FMCW (Frequency Modulated CONTINUOUS WAVE) Proximity Technology with Advance EM Insensitive Features, Luis Abad, Product Manager - Fuze Systems, Expal Systems
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Session 4A - Open Sessions:
Chair: Eric Roach, Lockheed Martin
Session Assistant: Telly Manolatos, Electronics Development Corp.
- 21775 - Guided Munitions for Aerial Gunnery; Increased Mission Effectiveness and Large Cost Savings, Lauren Schumacher, Self-Graduate Fellow, The University of Kansas
- 21855 - Providing Continued DSU-33D/B Viability, Dave Liberatore, Sr. Program Manager, Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems
- 21851 - Innovative Developments in Carbon Cathode Matrix Materials for Li/SOCl2 Reserve Batteries Used in Artillery Projectiles, Brett Barclay, Design Engineer, EnerSys Advanced Systems
Session 5A - Open Sessions:
Chair: Perry Salyers, L3 Defense Electronic Systems
Session Assistant: Jim Lemister, Pacific Scientific Energetic Materials
- 21779 - Hardened, Compact and Fast: Adaptive Flight Control Actuators for Guided Hard-Launched Munitions, Dr. Ron Barrett, Professor of Aerospace Engineering, Director of the Adaptive Aerostructures and Aircraft Design Laboratories, The University of Kansas
- 21902 - A Structured Approach to Fuze Technology Refresh, Vince Matrisciano, R&D Program Coordinator, Joint PEO Armaments &Ammunition
- 21857 - High Quality, High Throughput Neutron Radiography using Accelerator Based Neutron Generators, Brad Bloomquist, Director of Business Development, Phoenix, LLC
- 21868 - Survivability and Reliability of Silicon MEMS Components, Caitlyn May, Mechanical Engineer, NSWC IHEODTD
- 21771 - Li-Ion Battery for FTS and Telemetry Application, Dmitry Molchanov, Electrical Engineering Manager, EnerSys